Thursday, November 25, 2010

for he's a jolly good fellow

We may be in the middle of nowhere, but it can feel like the center of the universe.
A recent day began with a view of a full moon setting over the water


















and the sun rising inland.













Happy news for Paco the rooster; he finally has 2 cute little hens for company.
They aren't quite full grown and they're all getting along fine.
I think his morning crowing has been more exuberant since we got them.
Between him and the lovely dawn, I just may become a morning person.


















I think I'll call them Eddy and Patsy.













This shot of Truman reminded me of one of the first pictures I took of him.
He's three now and just as cute.


















Thank heaven for little boys! He was the only one in a litter of eight.














Speaking of sweet boys and how quickly they grow up...I tend to take a lot of pictures of Rufus, the camera loves him and so do I.
This is already his 4th post (#1, #2, #3).
He's always so darned enthusiastic!


















The rest of his litter-mates are feral; I'm not sure how he found his way to us, but I'm glad he did. He's such a fun dog. Thanks to this blog and a little math, I believe his second birthday is around now!
Elewah, semi-retired queen of the woods, hangs out with his wild siblings. It isn't a stretch to believe that one or more of them fathered Jack and Lily (they turned 1 last month).
That means that Rufus is Jack's uncle.
Shirley, Jack and Rufus in profile.













There is an undeniable family resemblance.











They've become great pals.













¡Feliz cumpleaños Tio Rufus!

No comments:

Post a Comment